Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Visiting My Past To Help Me Appreciate My Present

Starting last Tuesday I was finally able to get back to work....So happy to be out of the house and back to the office...I walked in to work on Tuesday to see Andy, my awesome roommate and Co-Worker, sporting a Bandana in support.  It was awesome, sometimes something so small can have such a huge impact on someone.  I have been digging the Bandana stye, It takes away from the stares, of which there are many when you have a huge bandage around your neck.



I have really started to take notice of generally how brash people can be,  At least 5 times a day someone will stop me and ask what happened.  I wouldn't mind if they just asked politely, however the ones that have the courage to ask also tend to predetermine what happened to me and incorporate it in to their questions.  Here are some..

"Did you get stabbed in the neck..." (I get asked this one more when I wear a flat brimmed hat)
"Wow...That looks really bad...That must really hurt" (This is when the sensitive face comes out, usually with a side tilt of the head)
"Were you in a fight?"  Along the same lines "How's the other guy?" (This is usually said under breath as i walk by)
"OMG, What happend to you?  That looks Nasty"  (New one...Just came out with the scar from my trake now being exposed, Its hot for the ego).

A simple "I hope you don't mind me asking but are you OK?, What happened?." would be a welcome change.



I got some hot photo's from Days 1 to 4 that I had not seen yet.  They are really helping me understand where I was at and how lucky I am to be here. I thought I would post them up here for your perusal....
This first one is Pre Surgery...This is how I looked On the Sunday Night...My Eyes are open but I am in Sweet Drug Coma Land apparently. Ps...Some great hair going on here....


Apparently at this point, I have awoken and (Via Note Pad) asked Kathleen to take a photo of my Catheter so I can send it to Adam..


"I can haz thum warz?" Might just make these pics in to Meme's...


I had to be restrained...Apparently every time i would become a little lucid....I tried to rip everything out of my body. I as well was shaking uncontrollably at some points and needed to be tied down..Sorry to those of you that were there. I can't imagine it was easy to watch...

All in All, It's hard to look at these photo's but at the same time it makes me realize how far I have come in such little time. I can't imagine how hard it was for all of you that were with me. Thank you...Im so lucky to have all of you in my life.

I am hoping for some really positive updates from the Doc's coming tomorrow! Keep ya posted.





"Scar Tissue is Stronger Than Regular Tissue, Realize the Strength, Move On." - Henry Rollins

3 comments:

  1. Surprised that you haven't got: "So what's going on? You ever get freaky with that thing?" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit to expressing a dull "ewwwww!" when I first saw yer throat, Bubz.

    You gotta admit.. It looks kinda nasty.

    Glad to hear yer on the mend, man Stay the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubba!
    I am so relieved and happy that everything has been so successful! I love you tons and think about you all the time. Keep at it and keep us updated!
    xoxo
    Jord

    ReplyDelete