Tuesday, April 19, 2011

If Im Getting Better...Why Do I Have The Same Size Gash In My Neck


Things Seem to be Coming Along...My Trake is Almost Healed Over, Which is nice...I can start Speaking again. The Less I spoke the faster it would heal so I have been speaking very little the past 2 weeks..Imagine that!


The Trake hole is no longer letting Air out which is a great relief...The Nurse says only a week or so and it should be totally healed up!


A huge THANKS to Jonny Fosters and the Molson boyz for the New Pil Sweatshirt...It's nice to have a little taste of home. The Nurses say this is healing up quickly as well, but it's hard for me to tell....It's not getting any smaller.


The Nurse does say that it is getting granular which is supposed to be a good thing....
" Proliferation lasts from day two until the area is healed and features granulation, contraction, and epithelialization. Granulation includes neoangiogenesis and collagen formation. Granular tissue is pale pink to beefy red, glistening, and has a rough surface due to blood vessels and collagen deposits Contraction occurs as a result of myofibroblasts pulling collagen toward the cell body, and epithelialization is the migration of epithelial cells to resurface the area. Maturation is the last phase of healing, and involves scar remodeling after wound closure and may take years. Maturation sees a scar change from red to purple/pink to white, and from bumpy to flat."


I'm Finally back to work today...The nurse comes at 10ish and then im good to make my way down...Feels so good to be out of the house and back at work! I get still get tired quickly but every day seems to make me stronger and stronger.










"Scar Tissue is Stronger Than Regular Tissue, Realize the Strength, Move On." - Henry Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment